I’m gonna share some ideas from Ron Sylvia’s book, Starting New Churches On Purpose, and process them out loud and see what you think. Here’s one:
Ron shares ways to build your launch team:
- Pray with friends for the new church. They may move and come with you, or may refer you to someone in the area.
- Information meetings. Ron suggests advertising the meetings on Christian radio.
And ways to help your launch team capture the vision:
- Study through a great book with them.
- Focus them on the launch date.
- Show them another church in your area with a similar vision.
- Tell stories of life change from churches with a similar vision.
I like this book a lot, but I don’t agree with the advertising on Christian radio. Personally, I’m scared to death of any Christians who would want to be on my launch team. Like I would do a full-body cavity search of any Christian who wants to join us. I’m serious, I’m putting on the rubber glove! So advertising on Christian radio, oh, wait, I just threw up in my mouth.
Here’s a thought: Advertise on secular radio. Yes, for your launch team. We started Forefront with a core group of about 80 NON-Christians. Non-Christians who wanted to start a church? Yup.