Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Preached on Sunday at one of our supporting churches, Discovery Church in Simi Valley, CA. I love Todd Clark, the Lead Pastor of Discovery. I think speaking there went great. I also had several people give me contacts in Vegas to meet with. By the way, Discovery may have the best Children’s Ministry I’ve ever seen.
2. Spent Monday thru Wednesday in Austin at E.L.I.‘s Cultivate. It’s a church planter training deal. I taught three seminars and got to attend the rest. It gave me some great ideas and resources for discipleship at Verve.
3. Worked more on some of the systems we’re going to have at Verve.
4. Did stand-up comedy for the first time ever. I still have a ways to go!
5. Met with Jeremiah Smith, who seems like a great guy. Jeremiah has been working at Full Tilt Poker, and led the main event at the World Series of Poker for awhile this year. He talked about the parable of the yeast that works it’s way through the bread, and how he’s trying to be God’s yeast in the poker world. Awesome.
6. Read “The Shack” and started reading “The Invisible War”
7. Got to hang out with two real deal church planters, Devin Hudson and Michael Lukaszewski. Devin started a church up in North Vegas and has been totally gracious in helping me think through starting Verve. Michael planted a church in Cartersville, Georgia. I’m very excited that they’re going to be partnering with us, and that I’ll get to be with his church on Labor Day weekend.
8. Got my hair cut for the first time in Vegas. Dude, my hair was gettin’ long and crazy!
To Pray About This Week:
1. We have several new people praying about moving to Vegas to start Verve. Please pray for God’s direction for them.
2. We have the possibility of buying the equipment we’ll need to do our Sunday morning services (sound system, speakers, etc., etc.) at a discount from a church that is selling all their stuff.
3. Our first official launch team meeting happens this week.
4. This Friday night we’re serving at First Friday, a big local art fair. We also have a live art exhibit in it.