Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
- I preached at one of our supporting churches, Westbrook Christian Church in Bollingbrook, IL. It was an awesome time and a great chance to hang out with their pastor, Mont Mitchell, and his family.
- Had a coaching call with Dave Nelson. He’s gonna be a big help to me!
- Started marriage counseling on Tuesday! No, we’re not having big problems. No, nothing to worry about. There’s just been a lot of stress with the move and we thought it would be wise to get a little help. Gonna go maybe up to six sessions.
- Went to lunch with Craig Gross on Tuesday. Craig and xxxChurch have moved to Vegas to minister to people in the sex industry and tourists. Cool stuff.
- Got pink eye. (Freakin’ pink eye!)
- Went to lunch with Kevin Odor. Kevin is the pastor of Canyon Ridge in North Vegas. They are a great church. Kevin is one of the wisest people I’ve gotten to be around. I could listen to him all day.
- Went to the doctor for my pink eye. He informed me I also had a severe acute bacterial infection. Nice!
- Had all day training by Patrick Bradley with Passion 4 Planting. They do project management for church planters. Very helpful.
- Had lunch (again) with Craig, who is the Corporate Trainer for all 11 casinos owned by MGM/Mirage. He is awesome and is trying to get us to be able to serve people who work in the casinos. Lots of amazing possibilities.
- Went to a comedy show hosted by the guy who is going to teach the Stand-Up Comedy classes I’m going to start taking on Thursday.
- Went to lunch with a guy who I learned about from a woman who goes to a church I preached at a couple weeks ago. He is her sister and has lived here for about ten years.
- Still working on systems stuff.
- Been reading a lot (especially on airplanes). Read “Mad Church Disease,” by Anne Jackson and “Church Planting from the Ground Up,” by Tom Jones and “Going All the Way” by Craig Groeschel.
- Friday night our Launch Team volunteered at “First Friday” a local art community festival/block party. We also had a live art exhibit. It was kind of Verve’s first public exposure.
To Pray About This Week:
- I’m still trying to raise money. I was hoping to be done with that by the time I got to Vegas but I had a little problem called the U.S. economy. We’re still way under our funding goal. Please pray that we can raise a little more.
- Still haven’t heard about the used equipment we’re hoping to buy. Please pray that we can get it, it’s great quality, and we get a super price.
- We were supposed to have our first official Launch Team Meeting last week, but couldn’t, so it’s gonna be this week. Please pray for that too…