Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Spent the weekend in Detroit speaking at Kensington Community Church and hanging out with some friends. Very cool.
2. We had a Memorial Day cookout with our Launch Team.
3. We had another new person come to Launch Team!
4. We’ve had two families and a single guy, all of whom I don’t know, who e-mailed me and said they think God may be calling them to Vegas to help us. That might be great, but it’s a bit fear inducing, since we don’t know each other.
5. Had to get the final edits of my next book, Guerrilla Lovers, into my publisher. So far three people have read it through (including my editor) and all three have said it’s better than my first book. I don’t know if that’s true, but it’s good to hear.
6. Tried to do some fundraising with a church I was told might be interested in supporting us … and struck out.
7. Spent part of a day with Preston and his wife who work for Revolution in Canton, Georgia. Revolution was one of the first to decide to support us, and did so without us even asking them. Awesomeness!
8. Went to week four of Central Christian’s Starting Point class. Wanted to see how they format the class…
9. Had a great meeting with the director of the Save the Planet Foundation of the Hard Rock Casino. It’s their community service deal. Looks like he’s going to be an advocate for us to the Hard Rock, trying to help us to help people who work there.
10. Finally finished the “system” for how we’re going to help newcomers at Verve to feel comfortable and welcomed, and usher them through their next steps.
11. Started working on our Stewardship/Finance system. How are we going to teach people to be generous? And when we receive money, how will we handle it in a wise manner that is absolutelly beyond approach.
12. Just for the record, I totally HATE working on systems. I think I’d rather spend the day watching the Country Music Channel..
13. Met with Kurt Ervin, who works at Central and is on our Management Team.
14. Spent a lot of time hanging out with God. I need that!
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Got a bunch of meetings this week, including three consecutive on Tuesday. Some could potentially be big.
2. I think we might be able to look at a possible leasing space or two…
3. Please pray for the people who are planning on moving here and REALLY need jobs, plus we have a few who have already moved here and STILL really need jobs.