Doing today’s reading (Psalm 69 and 70) I noticed the them of seeking God, which is talked about here and here and here. So I decided to do a study of the times in the Bible where it mentions seeking God – wow! Seriously, wow. We’re told that if we seek God with all our heart and soul, we will find Him, and that the problem with humanity is that we don’t seek God, and that God is good to those who seek Him, and on and on.
So, question: What would you say are the signs of someone seeking God? Like, if you were put in charge of determining whether a certain person is really seeking God, what questions would you ask? I’ll give you a few that came to me, but I’m curious to see what you think. Here’s some of mine:
- How quickly does your mind turn to God after you wake up in the morning?
- How much of your day is spent really focusing on God?
- What level of obedience do you have to His commands?
- When something good happens, how quickly and intensely do you give God credit?
- When something bad happens, how quickly and intensely do you go to God for help?