Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Finally finished our Ministry System. I think it’s really going to help to have established the “Verve way of doing things” and to have that on paper so its commonly known, and so we don’t have to keep reinventing the wheel.
2. Met with the President of Stadia: New Church Strategies.
3. Got some bad news. Our financial supporters are sending their money to an organization, and we have set times where that organization sends set amounts of money to our local checking account. So this week they let me know they wouldn’t be able to send the planned for amount of money. Why? Because we don’t have that much in our account. Ouch. Sooooo… If you have committed to, or have been praying about supporting us financially, please do.
4. Got some great news. One of our hopes is that we could not only invite people to come to church, but that we could minister to casino workers in their casinos. Ideas include being a chaplain to, or doing life skill seminars or support groups in a casino. Well, we came into town, started pitching the idea, and ran into walls. Well, we’ve been meeting with a guy at the Hard Rock Casino and the other night he let us know that he talked to the Director of Human Resources and a Vice President, and they have given us the green light to start doing life skill seminars and possibly support groups!! This is awesome news as it will allow us to help people, and will help us to establish some credibility on the Strip.
5. Did an hour of comedy (stand up, videos, skits, improvs) for a CIY / Canyon Ridge Youth Conference. It was fun! The highlight was when we had the “Craziest Dance Move” contest, and some kid dropped his shorts. They were starting to fall on their own, so he went with it and ripped ’em down. Classic.
8. Walked through two potential leasing spaces.
9. Bought a computer, video camera, and editing software.
10. Flew to Austin, Texas to speak at Gateway Church.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray that God continues to keep the door at the Hard Rock open, and that we’ll be able to really help people there.
2. We’ve got a couple leasing space options we’re taking serious looks at. We need wisdom! There is one that seems absolutely fantastic. Please pray that if God wants us in there, He works out all the details.
3. As time marches on, we’re going to have to make some tough decisions about philosophy of ministry on the Strip, strategies, kind of stuff.