Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. My head is spinning this week. We’ve had lots going on since we moved here, but mostly it’s been lots of little things, lots of individual meetings and tasks.
2. But now we’ve got a few things going on that are much bigger.
3. So while this week I had lots of the normal stuff going on:
- Was introduced and interviewed at each of The Crossing’s services last Sunday.
- Launch Team Meeting on Sunday night
- Meetings with Launch Team members
- Meetings with locals
- Had a church planter in from Poland
- Scheduling more Mission Teams to come help us out
- Going to Phoenix to speak at a church…
4. Mostly we’ve been focusing on two big things:
5. A plan we’re putting in place for what we’re going to do this Fall to start getting the word out about Verve and add people to our Launch Team. Since we can’t do Preview Services we had to come up with something else, and we have a great plan. I’ll share it with you soon, but for now I’ll just tell you, it’s taking a lot of attention and work.
6. After much prayer and discussion and consultation with our Management Team, we are planning on moving forward towards leasing the amazing space God seems to have provided for us. (And, by the way, I had asked all of you to pray and fast for all this between August 3 and 13, and then, on the morning of August 14, the owner of this property gave us a phenomenal deal, so thank you!) So there’s all kinds of things to do to see if we can really make this leasing permanent space thing happening, and it’s what I’m spending a lot of time on. And, more than anything else, what it will take is us raising more money for the build out and equipment expenses.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray that we’re able to (quickly) raise the money we need to turn the space into what we need to turn this space into what we need to do church services, support groups, Life Skill and Spiritual Growth seminars, etc.
2. Please pray that the events we’re planning for this Fall will be incredibly effective in starting to create a buzz about Verve, and in adding some (non-Christian) people to our Launch Team.