Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Went to Phoenix to speak at The Refinery. Robb and Sam from our Launch Team came with me, and did a few songs in their service. It was cool, and it gave us like 10 hours in the car to talk about and strategize on whorship music and what our services are gonna look like.
2. Here’s the funniest thing from that weekend. We met my friend Grant in Phoenix, who drove there from Tuscon to buy a stand-up, full-size arcade game. So on Saturday night we rolled the game into our hotel and asked the guy at the front desk if we could plug it in and play in the lobby. He said, “I don’t know how to answer that.” So we plugged it in and started playing. And he comes over and says, “This rarely happens.” Hysterical!
3. Launch Team meeting on Sunday night, went well.
4. Had my Coaching Call, and my Spiritual Mentor Call this week. God has really taken care of me by surrounding me with great people.
5. Did more “ministry interviews” with Launch Team members this week, as we seek to help everyone find where they’re gonna serve.
6. Met with a local pastor.
7. Filmed a video you guys will see soon. Very grateful to Central Christian for loaning me their video team.
8. We are working hard on our Block Party plan for this Fall. What’s very cool is that other people on our team are leading this effort, so I get to just play a supporting role.
9. Working on the leasing space we may be able to get. We had to go over and measure, working the budget, etc., etc.
10. I spent most of my time and energy this week on fundraising. The leasing space requires some upfront costs (build out and equipment) that we weren’t planning on….
11. I think we have 2 to 4 new people coming to our Launch Team Meeting tonight.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray for the fundraising I’m doing. There’s a lot of work, but it will be totally worth it if we can get that space. Totally.
2. Management Team call on Monday, meeting with one of the Vice Presidents of Caesar’s Palace on Tuesday…
3. Lots of details to work out for the travelling Block Parties this Fall. Please pray for the team working on them, that it will all come together and end up producing great results.