Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. I was in Atlanta last weekend, speaking at Oak Leaf church.
2. I thought that trip was my last one, but I was wrong. I’ve been asked to speak at Summit Church in Orlando in November, and Central Christian here in Vegas in December. Very honored to speak at these churches who are being very supportive of us.
3. Last Sunday night we had three new people at our Launch Team meeting. Robb did a great job leading the meeting, talking about having the Jesus kind of compassion that leads you to focus on others, even when you don’t have the energy to do so. We talked about how things are progressing with our community service organization, the Verve Foundation.
4. It’s looking more and more like (at least one of the things) we’re gonna be doing is a food co-op. To learn more about this kind of thing, you can check out Angel Food Ministries.
5. On Labor Day I … well, labored. We didn’t have any special plans, so I worked till about 4:00, then played catch with my son, then swam, then the family watched Race to Witch Mountain, which was not nearly as good as Escape to Witch Mountain which, if I remember correctly, was better than Return From Witch Mountain. (I’m a bit dizzy.)
6. Had my coaching call with Dave Nelson, who is a great guy, and I’m so excited about what K2 is doing in Salt Lake City.
7. Also got to talk with Dave Ferguson, who is the guru on multi-site stuff. We’re not gonna do multi-site, but we are planning on having multi-services at the same site. So I grilled Dave a little on how the lessons he’s learned in multi-site might apply to what we’re gonna try.
8. Our Launch Team is feverishly preparing for our Block Parties. We are throwing two on the third Sunday of September, and three on the third Sundays of October and November. We’re having the September parties in neighborhoods we live in, and the others in strategically chosen neighborhoods (that we don’t live in). All kinds of
9. Worked on our “Discipleship System” – how we’re going to do groups and seminars, what the process will look like, what leaders we need to run it, what they’ll be doing, etc., etc.
10. Much of this week was consumed with the leasing space. We went and looked at it (again), met with the guys from Church Solutions about how we could design and use the space, asked for revisions on the lease contract, made phone calls to find out about zoning issues, counting parking spaces, started looking for general contractors we might use, etc., etc., etc.
11. It’s still not a sure thing that we’re going to get the space, but it’s looking good. Still need to have a few questions answered, and God still needs to provide some more money for the build-out expenses….
12. I think we have another two or three new people coming to Launch Team tonight!
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray for the Block Parties that are coming soon. We’re going to be personally inviting some neighbors and friends, but most people will learn of them through fliers and door hangers. Please pray that God opens their heart and gets them interested, and that they show up, and have a great time, and become interested in our church, and that ultimately it all leads to an encounter with Jesus.
2. Please pray for the whole leasing space deal. There are so many details that need to come together for it to work, so pray that if this is God’s will (and it sure seems to be) it will all work out, and quickly!
3. We have something big it looks like we’ll be unveiling on September 23rd. You all will be like the first to know, and I think it will be extremely critical for us, and you’ll be able to be a part of it! Can’t tell you what it is yet, but please pray for it anyway…