Every week at our Launch Team Meetings we’re studying a story or teaching from the gospels, and then asking the question: What does this tell us about the church we’re starting?
- Jesus hung out with this kind of person. What kind of people should we hang out with?
- Jesus treated that kind of person in that kind of way. How should we treat that kind of person?
- Jesus taught that. What should we teach?
- Jesus made this a priority. What should our priorities be?
- Jesus didn’t care about that. Why would we care about that?
It’s been pretty cool. And it’s like, if you’re trying to figure out how to be the church, might as well learn from the best.