Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. We had our Management Team here for a few days. I’ve got some great guys helping me!
2. Had our first Launch Team Meetings at the 305 Theater in the Greek Isles Hotel & Casino. Basically, it’s a hotel with a a bunch of slot machines in the lobby. (In Vegas, even the gas stations have slot machines in them.) (Seriously.) One girl on our team came in and sat down for a minute in the lobby before heading to the theater we’re renting. And she was carded! There aren’t many churches where they make sure you’re 21 on the way in!
3. Our kid’s class is in a wedding chapel but I am happy to report that, so far, none of the kids have gotten married during class. (But it’s got to be tempting for them.)
4. I finally (!!) completed and submitted our 501(c)3 Tax Exempt application and our Bulk Mail Permit application for the post office.
5. Met with a guy from the City Planning Commision about getting a special use permit so we can have church in the location we’re hoping to lease.
5. Met with several guys from our Launch Team.
6. Still praying that 500 people will become Verve Venture Capitalists by giving $100 to help us get into a permanent space, from which we can do great ministry for the people who work on and live around the Strip. I’ll be honest and tell you I’m getting nervous. We had a lot of money come in early, but it’s stalling out. We really need you to give, and you can do so here.
7. Dealt with the 70 mile per hour winds here in Vegas. And Chicago thinks it’s the Windy City?
8. Met with a pastor who was in town from Virginia.
9. Finished our Benevolence Policy and began working on our Stewardship/Finances System.
10. Flew to Savannah, where I’ll be speaking (6 times!) at Savannah Christian Church.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray that more people decide to give $100 and become Verve Venture Capitalists. And, if you haven’t, please pray to see if God is calling you to make that sacrifice.
2. Please pray that God continues to grow our Launch Team, both in our depth of understanding of who Jesus is and application of His life to our lives, AND in numbers.
3. Please continue to pray for wisdom. There are constantly important decisions that need to be made, and we want to make the right one’s.