Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. With the Mission Teams here, I don’t have much time to do this (sorry!) but here’s a few updates:
2. Spent a LOT of time on finances this week, staring at our budget, studying what we have coming in for funding, trying to make sure everything is working and is going to go right.
3. I am “re-engineering” how we’re gonna welcome/greet and follow-up with newcomers once we start having services. I love my new process, though I don’t think it will scale very well if we were to get big.
4. BTW: That’s one of the difficulties of church planting, finding the right balance of being the best church you can be today, at this size, in these circumstances while AND keeping your eye on tomorrow and trying to make sure you don’t do anything now that will screw up your ability to grow and be your best later.
5. Working on making a lot of decisions, such as what our service times will be, what metrics we’re going to focus on, etc., etc.
6. Had an architect look at our design stuff for the warehouse space we’re hoping to lease, and a parking expert do a parking study, and all kinds of jive like that.
7. My second book comes out in February, and things are gearing up for it. This week a bunch of endorsements came in for it. And there are people making a killer web site that will be very interactive and could (seriously) be life changing for you. (Seriously.) I’m psyched.
8. Got to spend extra time with some people from our Launch Team. God has given us some great people!
9. Wednesday and Friday we had two Mission Teams come into town, who have been hard at work. We are SO grateful that they were willing to make personal sacrifices to be here and to help us launch Verve.
10. Among the things we did with the Mission Teams was have them go out to Fremont Street, where there are often Christians telling people they are going to Hell, and we handed out fliers telling people that God loved them and apologizing for Christians who have made them feel otherwise. It went well, but we are already figuring out how to make it better.
11. Today we have two Block Parties, I’ll let you know how they go tomorrow.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray that the Block Parties go awesome.
2. Please pray that the Mission Teams have an amazing time and know how much good they did, even if they don’t get to see the fruit of their labor yet…
3. Continuing to try to raise more funds. Talking to a couple of churches, and we still need more people to step up and become Verve Venture Capitalists.