Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Last weekend we had two Mission Teams here (from Buffalo and Phoenix) and they did an awesome job.
2. Together we put on two Block Parties, with about 250 attending. They went great, and were a fun way to serve people and create a little community in some neighborhoods.
3. On Thursday and Saturday nights we did a kind of out-of-the-box experience that turned out pretty cool.
4. On Monday I went out with the team from Buffalo to serve at Three Square, a local food bank. We worked in the warehouse, getting items that have been donated ready to give out to people.
5. Had a future church planter stay with us from Tuesday through Friday. Very excited because his plan is to start a church in Buffalo, NY, which is where I did my undergrad, and where my wife is from.
6. Got back the new design for the warehouse space we’re hoping to lease. Spent part of Tuesday staring at and discussing it, to make sure it’s going to work for what we need.
7. Recorded the first Guerrilla Lover podcast! We will be unveiling a Guerrilla Lover website soon, where you’ll be able to hear the podcast (and more to come), get guerrilla lover assignments, and more. Gonna be cool!
8. Got some training on our new church database software.
9. Attended an E.L.I. webinar.
10. Today and tomorrow at Launch Team meetings we’re looking at the story of “Legion” and talking about being unqualified missionaries.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. Please pray for wisdom for us. There’s just so many decisions – some for right now, some to set things in place for years to come – and so we need all the wisdom we can get.
2. Please continue to pray for financial support. Hate to keep bringing it up, but we’re still looking for more people who will become Verve Venture Capitalists by giving $100 to help us get into the space we’re hoping to lease. You can do that at www.verveventure.org.
3. Please pray that God gives us creative ideas and open doors for opportunities to serve casino workers at their casinos.