Every Sunday I’m sharing a recap on some of what happened that week. It will be quick (in brief) and I’ll write in my underwear (in briefs). Here ya go:
1. Last weekend we were back in action with our Launch Team meetings. We looked at Peter walking on water and talked about taking the risks necessary to live great and beautiful lives, and through through the risks God might be asking us to take in 2010.
2. We also did our first ever song in a Launch Team meeting. We’re starting to introduce the songs we’ll be using come launch. The one we did last weekend was “Something Beautiful” by Needtobreathe.
3. Got to spend a little more time than usual with some of the people on our Launch Team. God’s given us some great people!
4. I spoke at Central last month, and about 18 people from there have asked about joining our Launch Team. That was actually something their pastor, Jud Wilhite, told me he prayed would happen.
5. This week we had two meetings for those people (I also had all of them fill out applications to join our Launch Team). At the meetings I a little big laid out our vision, but more shared the reasons I didn’t think they should join us. Figured it’s better to get divorced before you get married than after.
6. Still it looks like some of them will be joining us, which I hope will be very cool. And our Launch Team is now up around 50ish for sure adults, and another 10 to 20 in the maybe to probably range. There are also about 20 kids.
7. We received tons of fliers and door hangers and pop rocks that we had ordered. On Wednesday or Thursday I’ll explain the advertising campaign we’re gonna do with them to try and get a little buzz going about Verve.
8. Worked at length on our volunteer “matrix.” What types of volunteers do we need? How many of each type of volunteers will we need? Who will actually be those volunteers?
9. Had a party for the College Football Championship Game. A bunch of kids, and about 30 adults – almost half of whom are not Verve people. Cool.
10. Had a big meeting with our potential General Contractor to learn about the bids from all the sub-contractors.
TO PRAY ABOUT THIS WEEK:
1. We are meeting with the owner of the building we’re trying to lease to ask him to help us with the build-out expenses. Please pray that God opens his heart to contribute a lot. We need it.
2. Please pray for wisdom for us in decision making. There is so much that is really beyond the wisdom we have.
3. We have a Mission Team coming in this week from Westbrook Christian Church. Please pray that they have an awesome time, and are able to really help us.