Verve is a 3-year-old church in the heart of Sin City. Our vision is to reach people who are the furthest from God and most difficult to reach – the kind of people who are not interested God and don’t like church, and who most churches won’t or can’t reach. And we do that – about 70% of the people who come to Verve are unchurched non-Christians when they first show up. This group includes pimps and prostitutes, atheists and addicts, bartenders and gang members and poker players and Cirque performers.
Verve values kids in a big way, because God values kids in a big way. And we are now looking for someone to oversee our Children’s Ministry. This is a full-time position. Verve will pay health insurance and part of salary. Staff member will raise part of their salary. (As a new church, in the heart of the “mission field” of Las Vegas, we think of ourselves and function somewhat as missionaries. One way this is true is that each staff members raises part (some actually raise all) of their salaries, as our offerings don’t cover all of our church’s financial needs.)
This person must:
- Have a true love for Jesus and passion to see His Kingdom advance.
- Have compassion for people who are far from God and a real passion to see those people come to God. The kind of person who is willing to do whatever it takes, outside of sin, to reach people for Jesus.
- Be devoted to kids growing in their love for God and people.
- Be able to relate to the unchurched (kids and their parents).
- Appreciate Verve’s edgy (but very strategic) style and random (but very strategic) sense of humor.
- Have a proven history of being able to recruit, train, and work effectively through volunteers. (Our staff members primarily equip people to do ministry, rather than doing ministry ourselves.)
- Have the emotional maturity and relational intelligence to work well with others on a team.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter.
- If interested, please email a cover letter and a resume to Verve’s Executive Pastor Jeff Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should address why you’re interested in this position, why you’d feel comfortable relocating to Las Vegas, and what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position.